Guidance & Counselling
Guidance and Counseling Department
Tips on Intergity
Definition:Integrity is a condition of being whole, honest and having strong morals
A man of integrity is
- Focused/goal oriented-committing oneself to something to attain his/her state targets.
- Knowledgeable- has an al round knowledge in psychological, social economic and spiritual matters uses the same in personal grow the and development.Appreciative/accepting-regarding other people with respect and being sensitive to their attitudes beliefs and values
- A Leader –being able to lead and influence others positively.All teachers’ parents and students are leaders in their own capacity.
- Consistent and reliable- a reliable person should be genuine and accept who she or he is by avoiding facades during interactions.
- He/she should build good reputation of reliance and dependability.
- Skilled- prioritizes by carrying out strength, weaknesses, opportunities and threat (SWOT) analysis and give feedback but not hold back.
- Assertive-Exhibits the degree of self-awareness in a person.For example a person of integrity is able to:Stop apologizing but take responsibilities.
- Be clear and specific with what she wants.Be responsible by avoiding blaming others for the happening.
- Be objective about a situation i.e. instead of saying” untidiness is not allowed in this room “say” thank you for being clean”Believe in people –Believe that there is goodness in every human being; even though it is not physically seen.
- Acknowledge peoples strength and make use of it positively.Be time conscious- avoids time wasting and engages in problem solving and decision making to help you grow and develop.
- Engage in Mc George theory of intrinsic motivation/ self-motivation approach to your issues and add value to yourself, family, school, country and the world at large
Guidance and counseling
Guidance and counseling department in Nyeri High School is a department whose role and purpose cannot be ignored. In such a big school, we are all different in various aspects of life thus, first and foremost the need for harmonization through guidance and counseling. The department is student centered where it promotes and facilitates character formation in students through role modeling. The department invites professional counselor to speak on given topics e.g. sexuality, spiritual matters, academic performance, honesty etc. Various forums are also organized to advice and guide the students on how to relate with each other and how to interact with their teachers and parents. One to one guidance and counseling is also greatly encouraged which is done by all the members of the department Who include teacher counselor’s namely Mr. Nduhiu and Mrs.C.Mwangi