Our History

  

History of Nyeri High

Nyeri High School was started as a Boys’ Boarding School in 1924 by the Consolata Catholic Missionaries. It became a Junior Secondary School in 1947 under the headship of Rev. Fr. Romano Guadanigni. The following year it was taken over by the Brothers of the Sacred Heart from the United States of America. The first headmaster was Rev. Bro. Oswin.

In 1954, Nyeri High School became a full Secondary School and offered the first group of ’O’ level Examination in 1955 under the headship of Rev, Fr. Lionel. In 1963 the school expanded with the introduction of the ’A’ –level, one stream offering Arts Subjects and two streams offering Science subjects. In 1969, the American brothers handed over the leadership to the School’s first African Headmaster, Mr. Daniel Kabuthu who acted very briefly.The following are the Principals who have headed the school since its inception: -

1. R.V. Fr. Guadanigni- 1947 - 1948

 

 

8. Bro. Marius- 1968 - 1969

2. R.V. Bro. Oswin- 1949 - 1950

 

 

9. Mr. Kabuthu- 1969 - 1969

3. Bro. Lionel- 1950 - 1957

 

 

10 Mr. Francis Gaithi- 1969 - 1975

4. Bro. Felician- 1958 - 1959

 

 

11. Mr Daniel Gitau- 1975 - 1982

5. Bro. Alfred- 1959 - 1960

 

 

12. Fr. Hilary Wambugu- 1983 - 1998

6. Bro. Geoffrey- 1961 - 1962

 

 

13. Mr P.M. Mungai- 1998 - 2003

7. Bro. Osmond- 1963 - 1966

 

 

14. Mr. S.K. Nderitu- 2004 - 2014

15. MR MAINA J.K - CURRENT PRINCIPAL

Co-curriculum

Sports Department GAMES DEPARTMENT

“All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy” so goes a popular English adage. This statement …

read more

Boarding

                      

Boarding Department The department is headed …

read more